Fall Semester starts soon!
Register now at www.decaregina.ca.
Mondays, 7:30-8:30 pm
Sep 17 – Nov 19, 2018
Glencairn Neighbourhood Centre, 2626 Dewdney Avenue East, Regina
10 Sessions for $80.00
+ $5 annual membership fee payable with your first registration
This class introduces students to the fundamental arm, foot, hip, and torso movements in belly dance and gives them a taste of choreography. Classes will generally include a warm up, some technique (both new and a review), as well as combinations which are put together to form a short choreography. After a couple semesters, students are amazed at how many movements they know and how much they’ve accomplished!
This class is open to people of various fitness levels and all ages from teens to seniors. No prior dance experience is necessary.
What to Wear and Bring to Class
- Please wear clothes you can comfortably move in. Yoga-wear (stretchy pants and a tank top/t-shirt) work well.
- Belly dance is generally performed in bare feet and you may choose to do so. Ballet slippers, lyrical shoes, or other light shoes that allow your foot to flex are recommended (and are worn by the instructor) as the recreation centre has cement tile floors. However, if you have any issues with your feet that require specific support please wear your appropriate shoes.
- Belly dancers often wear coin belts or scarves tied around the hips. They help to highlight your movements and are fun to wear! Feel free to bring yours or you may borrow one from Annissa, but they are not necessary.
- Please bring a bottle of water to keep hydrated and the recreation centre has a fountain available should you need to re-fill.
- A notebook and pen are helpful to jot down what you do in class if you plan to practice at home. Feel free to step to the side and take a few minutes to write some notes.
- Questions are also encouraged, especially if you are having problems with a move or are confused by something. Annissa is experienced at providing alternate explanations or adjusting movements.
- Annissa may give individual feedback in class in an encouraging way to help you be the best dancer you can be.
- Bring an open mind and a positive attitude. Learning should be fun and I hope you enjoy the experience!
This class administered by the Dewdney East Community Association (DECA). Online registration opens about two weeks before the start of classes.
Fall Semester – Monday evenings, generally from third week in September to end of November
(10 Sessions for $80.00*)
Winter Semester – Monday evenings, generally from third week in January to end of March
(10 Sessions for $80.00*)
Spring Semester – Monday evenings, generally from first week in April to beginning of June
(9 Sessions for $72.00*)
Details can also be found in the City of Regina Leisure Guide under Zone Board and Community Association Programs – East Zone – Dewdney East Community Association (DECA).
* There is a $5 annual membership fee payable with your first registration